Ayurvedic Yoga Massage combines traditional Indian Deep Tissue Massage and Yoga-Based Stretching Therapies. This original method of AYM was developed in the early 1980s by Master Kusum Modak from Pune, India.
A female student of Yoga Guru BKS Iyengar, Kusum brings together the essence of Iyengar Yoga practice, along with her personal experience on Ayurvedic Massage gained from her old teacher Master Lamaye Maharaj, an expert in the art of therapeutic massage.
The individual session of Ayurvedic Yoga Massage ARYM is given on a mattress on the floor. Treatment duration varies between 50-90 minutes. The treatment involves alternation between Deep Tissue massage and a series of stretches covering all regions of the body. Gradually a sense of openness and presence is brought to the receiver. Both hands and feet are used in the delivery of the massage. Another unique tool of the AYM massage is the use of Calamus powder which, when mixed with just a little oil brings out the toxins from the body; the scrubbing and stimulating feeling awakens the skin, blood circulation and senses.
Ayurvedic Yoga Massage therapy brings instant benefits on physical, psychological and energetic levels, among them:
- Harmonizes the flow of vital energy (Prana) and induces a deep sense of stillness and opening.
- Stimulates breathing capacity and promotes the circulation of all the body’s fluids.
- Releases tension in the muscles and loosens joint stiffness.
- Stretches the fascia and realigns the body structure.
- Increases the range of movement and improves correct posture.
8-DAY LEVEL 1-4 CERTIFIED THERAPIST COURSE: July 22-30
- Level 1 Introduction and Fundamentals: July 22-23
- Level 2 Fundamentals 2: July 24-25
- Level 3 Advanced: July 27-28
- Level 4 Integration + Therapist Certificate: July 29-30
8-DAY LEVEL 5 THERAPIST DIPLOMA COURSE: July 22-30
- Level 5 Therapist Diploma: July 22-30 (Pre-requisite: prior completion of L.1-4)
Level 1-4 & L.5: 9:30am-5:30pm
Level 6 Internship: 9:15am-5:45pm
Day off: Wed.26 of July